Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Of maps and London, and maps of London

Do yourself a favor and spend some time checking out The Mapping London Blog. I sure did today.  Among my favorites:

- Transport for London's Why Not Walk It? map (which they produced to divert people from the Tube to limit overcrowding during the Olympics)

- Both the map and the video of every bus trip in London over the course of a day

As I'd assume is the case with many transportation geeks, my experience riding London's transit system contributed significantly to my fascination with the subject.  It's truly incredible - unlike Great Britain's performance thus far in this year's Games.  BOOM!

Update (Aug 13, 2012): Being a fan of both basketball and public transit, the New Yorker's picture of the U.S. men's basketball team on the Tube was cool to see.  Then I had to step back and say, "Seriously?  This is a big deal?"  Perhaps it shouldn't be, but it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment